During April 2020, SHUKALB conducted an online survey addressed to water utilities and other water sector organizations in Albania, in order to measure the initial impact of the pandemic and actions being taken to manage risk and plan for contingencies.
The Survey was distributed and collected information during April 6-24, 2020. In total there were 132 respondents, 105 respondents from Water Utilities in Albania and 27 from other institutions.
We would like to share with you the full report of the survey results, found at this link.
NORMATIVE ACTS AND LAWS OF THE COUNCIL OF MINISTERS OF THE GOVERNMENT OF ALBANIA
- Akt normativ i Këshillit të Ministrave nr.2, datë 11.3.2020
- Ligj Nr. 15/2016 Për Parandalimin dhe Luftimin e Infeksioneve dhe Sëmundjeve Infektive
- Akt normativ i Këshillit të Ministrave nr. 3, datë 15.3.2020 (Për marrjen e masave të veçanta administrative gjatë kohëzgjatjes së periudhës së infeksionit të shkaktuar nga COVID-19)
MINISTRY OF HEALTH AND SOCIAL PROTECTION OF ALBANIA
PUBLIC HEALTH INSTITUTION OF ALBANIA
- What is the Corona virus?
- How can we protect ourselves from the new Coronavirus?
- Prepare your workplace for COVID-19
- How should I wear and remove the mask?
PUBLICATION BY THE WORLD BANK
PUBLICATION BY THE INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF WATER SUPPLY COMPANIES IN THE DANUBE RIVER CATCHMENT AREA (IAWD)
- Preparation and measures to be taken by water and wastewater utilities in the light of epidemics and pandemics
- Update and information on the novel coronavirus for water and wastewater utilities
- Water Safety and Crisis Management: Business Continuity Essentials for Disaster Risk Management
ALBANIAN WATER SUPPLY AND SEWERAGE COMPANIES TAKE ACTIONS TO PREVENT AND PROTECT AGAINST THE SPREAD OF COVID-19
In response to the emergency caused by the spread of COVID-19 virus and the special normative acts issued by the Albanian Government, the water supply and sewerage (WSS) companies all over Albania have taken proper administrative measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 infection.
SHUKALB is closely monitoring the situation and has been constantly in contact with its member WSS companies, keeping track on the progress of the actions taken, as well as to share relevant information with them.
Most of the WSS companies have organized the staff into special working groups as per the respective sectors. read more
WHAT WATER AND SANITATION OPERATORS CAN DO IN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19
The article was taken from the Global Water Operator’s Partnership Alliance (GWOPA) website.
COVID-19 has become a serious global health concern. Taking action to slow the spread of, and support recovery from, the illness will save lives and lessen the social and economic fallout from this pandemic.
Access to safe water and sanitation services are critical for the good hygiene required to stop the spread and lower the impact of the virus.
COVID-19 is passed through respiratory droplets from infected people which are often spread from hand to mouth – so proper, regular handwashing is the most effective way to reduce transmission. Fecal-oral transmission is less common, but in areas where sanitation services are lacking, may become a significant vector. The corona virus is deactivated by typical water treatment involving filtration and disinfection but could persist in untreated water. read more