Project: Asset Management Advisory Services to Water Utilities in Albania Position Title: EDAMS System Engineer (Local) Location: Tirana, with scheduled site visits across the country
The Water Supply and Sewerage Association of Albania (SHUKALB) is seeking to hire a full time person to fill the position of the EDAMS System Engineer for the “Asset Management Advisory Services to Water Utilities in Albania” Project. The project is being implemented by SHUKALB, and it is being supported by GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH), Hydro-Comp Enterprises Ltd. Cyprus, and the International Association of Water Supply Companies in the Danube River Catchment Area (IAWD).
The project aims to provide technical assistance, software and capacity development to Water Utilities in Albania, for the utilities to be able to perform a full range of Asset Management activities. The duration of the project is 3 years, and it will be implemented in 3 stages:
- Stage 1: Setting up and maintaining a validated network geographical database / asset registry, effectively performing proper Network Data Management;
- Stage 2: Maintenance Management for improving productivity and efﬁciency of the maintenance function and service delivery;
- Stage 3: Advisory services on Commercial Data Management, Water Quality Management, Distribution/ NRW Management, Rehabilitation/ Maintenance Planning and Infrastructure Planning.
The main responsibilities and tasks of this position will be:
- Support Water Utilities in reporting issues;
- Implementation of project activities with Water Utilities and Hydro-Comp;
- Delivering methodology part of workshops and meetings;
- Managing organization of workshops and the steering committee meetings;
- Preparing Integrated Asset Management (IAM) methodology backgrounds for conducting advisory platform meetings;
- Managing organization of advisory platform meetings;
- Promotion of the program;
- On-the-job training to junior experts;
- Other responsibilities assigned by the Project Manager.
The applicants interested in this position should demonstrate the following qualifications and experience:
- Academic degree in engineering (hydro technical engineering, environmental engineering, civil engineer);
- MSc on a topic relevant to the assignment;
- Knowledge in IT systems and tools;
- Knowledge and proven experience in using AutoCAD Software;
- At least 3 years of professional experience;
- Practical project experience preferably on international donor funded projects;
- General knowledge of water utilities’ operations and more concretely in Albania; Experience with the private sector is an advantage;
- Excellent command in using MS Office software (outlook, word, excel, power point);
- Fluency in English and Albanian language;
- Class B driver license.
SHUKALB invites all eligible candidates to indicate their interest in undertaking this assignment. Interested persons with the required qualifications and work experience must submit an Expression of Interest, along with their detailed CV, to the below contacts. Expressions of Interest must be delivered electronically by 01 August, 2019.
Further information may be received under the following contacts.
Water Supply and Sewerage Association of Albania (SHUKALB) E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone No.: +355 69 601 2782