Project: Integrated Asset Management Water (IAM) for Water Utilities
Position Title: Junior Field Engineer (Local)
Duration of contract: 1 year initially, with possibility of extension
Location: Tirana, with scheduled site visits across the country
The Water Supply and Sewerage Association of Albania (SHUKALB) is seeking to hire a full time person to fill the position of the Junior Field Engineer for the Integrated Asset Management Project in Water Supply and Sanitation Utilities. The project will be implemented by SHUKALB, and it is being supported by GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH), Hydro-Comp Enterprises Ltd. Cyprus, and the International Association of Water Supply Companies in the Danube River Catchment Area (IAWD).
The project aims to provide technical assistance, software and capacity development to water utilities for the utilities to be able to perform a full range of Asset Management activities. The duration of the project is 3 years, and it will be implemented in 3 stages:
- Stage 1: Setting up and maintaining a validated network geographical database / asset registry, effectively performing proper Network Data Management;
- Stage 2: Maintenance Management for improving productivity and efﬁciency of the maintenance function and service delivery;
- Stage 3: Advisory services on Commercial Data Management, Water Quality Management, Distribution/ NRW Management, Rehabilitation/ Maintenance Planning and Infrastructure Planning.
The main responsibilities and tasks of this position will be:
- Visiting of the water utilities participating in the program on a regular basis
- Support to water utilities in reporting issues
- Implementation of project activities with Hydro-Comp Enterprises Ltd
- Close collaboration with GIS and EDAMS Software expert
- Organization of workshops and steering committee meetings
- Support to Project Manager in the organization of project events
- Other responsibilities as may be assigned by the Project Manager
The applicants interested in this position should demonstrate the following qualifications and experience:
- Academic degree in engineering (hydro technical, environmental, electro technical, civil engineer, mechanical…). MSc on a topic relevant to the assignment is an advantage
- Knowledge in IT systems and tools
- At least 3 years of professional experience
- Practical project experience preferably on international donor funded projects
- Experience in working with public water sector in a developing country
- General knowledge of water utilities’ operations and more concretely in Albania Experience with the private sector is an advantage
- Excellent command in using MS Office software (outlook, word, excel, power point).
- Fluency in English and Albanian language
- Class B driver license
SHUKALB invites all eligible candidates to indicate their interest in undertaking this assignment. Interested persons with the required qualifications and work experience must submit an Expression of Interest, along with their detailed CV, to the below contacts. Expressions of Interest must be delivered electronically by 29 January, 2019.
Further information may be received under the following contacts.
Water Supply and Sewerage Association of Albania (SHUKALB)
Mob: +355 69 70 81 664