Position Title: Program Manager and Training Coordinator
Contract duration: September 2021 – May 2022
The Water Supply and Sewerage Association of Albania (SHUKALB) is seeking to hire a full time person to fill the position of the Program Manager and Training Coordinator. As part of this position the person will dedicate 50% of their time in filling out the responsibilities of managing SHUKALB’s public outreach and educational programs, and 50% in filling out the responsibilities of Training Coordinator for SHUKALB’s training program, as well as for activities related to the Project “Delivering and Enabling the Environment for Regional Capacity Development Products in the Water Sector in Albania” in the frame of the project Regional Capacity Development Network (RCDN) for Water and Sanitation services in SEE commissioned from the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO), and administratively embedded in the GIZ Project “Open Regional Fund for Southeast Europe – Modernization of Municipal Services (ORF MMS)”.
The main responsibilities and tasks as Program Manager will be:
- Oversee the implementation of all programs;
- Communicate with all stakeholders of the program as well as the individual programs on a regular basis;
- Identify and evaluate all resources needed for the programs;
- Organize training for the individual programs teams (Teachers);
- Document all programs events and milestones;
- Prepare program budget, detailing budgets for individual programs;
- Develop and communicate programs goals and deliverables;
- Identify processes and procedures for improvement;
- Manage risks for the programs.
The main responsibilities and tasks as Training Coordinator will be:
- Organize and coordinate all the logistics of SHUKALB training courses in and outside of Albania;
- Assist the Training Manager in planning, on site delivery, as well as post evaluation of the training and capacity development activities;
- Maintain regular contact with water utilities to solicit their interest for participation in the training courses;
- Keep records of all individuals receiving training offered by SHUKALB;
- Organize the announcements for training courses as directed by the Training Manager;
- Manage and oversee the invoicing and payment cycle for the participants in the training courses;
- Assist the Training Manager with planning and management of all technical programs of SHUKALB to include the Annual Conference, Specialty Conferences and Workshops;
- Maintain a customer database and continuous update of the customer data;
- Provides support during the organization and the realisation of training courses and other CD Programs/measures, including logistics in line with SHUKALB/ RCDN quality standards;
- Provides support during planning, contracting with trainers, logistics arrangements for the venue, accommodation, equipment and other logistical needs, customers relationship;
- Provides support in the process of promotion and selling of trainings and other CD activities (e.g. peer exchanges, conferences, etc.);
- Provides support in the process of monitoring and evaluation of cd activities considering project/ RCDN indicators, including the preparation and collection of evaluation sheets and feedbacks, and drafting of quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports.
- Provide assistance with the expenditures related to the capacity development activities financed from the Grant ( e.g. preparing request for offers, evaluation of offers, bills, receipts, collection of invoices, translation of financial documentation in English), in accordance to the GIZ Guidelines.
- Assume other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director and Training Manager.
Interested applicants should fulfil the following requirements on qualifications and experience:
- Sc. /B.A. degree in Environmental Engineering, Business, Economics, Social Sciences and/or related fields;
- Proven work experience in organizing and delivering training and capacity development activities;
- Excellent coordination skills and maintaining communication and logistics skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively with the team members and other key stakeholders;
- Proven experience in drafting monthly, quarterly and annual reports;
- Very good ability to keep track and to prepare related expenditures documentation;
- Fluency in Albanian and written and spoken English is required;
- Previous experience in working with SHUKALB is considered an advantage.
SHUKALB invites all eligible candidates to indicate their interest in undertaking this assignment. Interested persons with the required qualifications and work experience must submit electronically an Expression of Interest, along with their detailed CV to: email@example.com. Expressions of Interest must be delivered electronically by 2 September, 2021.
Further information may be received under the following contacts.
Water Supply and Sewerage Association of Albania (SHUKALB)
Rruga “Pjeter Bogdani”, Nd. 39/1, K.5, Ap. 3
Njësia Bashkiake Nr. 5, Kodi Postar 1019, Tirane, Shqiperi